also tonight made me emotional about team wafom. Like, sufjan and everyone on here are just permanently linked in my head, and seeing at least a part of that as an actual real tangible thing/person really made me go, wow. I am so freaking glad to know everyone and thank god for the internet, really. I know I would have had 20x more fun tonight if wafom had been sitting with me.
remember that one time I was in the the same room as sufjan stevens? oh yes, it was mere hours ago!
so it goes without saying that it was fab, but oh my god. it was FAB beyond belief and in every sense. as anyone who knows the structure of the planetarium shows knows, the first half was just orchestral pieces, as performed by a valiant string quartet. they broke a LOT of bow strings an were crazy talented. suffy’s pieces were hectic and pretty great (we got the boar, horse and lord ones ). Also, bryce dessner is pretty freaking cute. and his guitar lit up!
but then intermission happened and it was time for sufjan and i to be breathing the same air, which, omg. I had literally the best seats ever, he was maybe 10/15 metres away from me? and it was the front row etc so i basically hung over the railing the entire time. so he was really fucking close. and i was on the side so i had an excellent profile view of The Slouch.
(also, I am 99% sure that all my photos turned out rubbish due to the crazy lighting effects they kept pulling on the giant globe hanging from the ceiling)
it’s important to note that I’d literally never watched a video featuring the suf or heard his voice or anything (which, why? idk how that happened), so I was MASSIVELY UNPREPARED FOR HIS EVERYTHING. like, obv, he’s gorgeous, but, really graceful? he had on a short sleeved shirt (so i guess he can afford half sleeves now) and my mother helpfully pointed the situation in his pants to be ample (thanks mum!). So basically when they call walked out i promptly lost my shit and acquired an insane grin that didn’t go away. I think I squeaked. but omg yes his voice. accent!! and he is stupidly presh holy shit
some lovely moments that i wish to remember:
- he said sex while talking about venus har har har har
- while talking about mars, he made some comment about how we should all visit mars cause it’s a gr8 planet, and then literally facepalmed
- they all talked about food for a solid ten minutes. apparently we have great thai food over here? and lol he talked about his dessert from the other night in detail (one we all know from a famous chef)
- where I was sitting was right behind Nico, and thus suffy kept glancing at Nico to keep time or w/e and it was like he was starting straight at me omg i don’t even care
- on that note one time he was DEFS NOT looking at Nico but in my direction so let’s all pretend he was admiring my face.
- at the end he said he loved the audience which was nice
- they played somewhere over the rainbow for the encore, which was endearing but also kind of hilarious
oh yes and the music was of course fantastic, I just kind of let it wash over/envelop me etc because it was such a surreal experience with everyone there and the grand hall and the light projections and the smoke. Mercury was gr8 and so were a bunch of others. but to be honest we all know how great his music is so that requires no further explanation.
I don’t know, I was mainly struck by how he wasn’t talking it all too seriously, and how PRESH and HILARIOUS he was. I never saw that coming so it was really, really lovely. The whole thing was just absolutely incredible, definitely in my top ten of ~great nights, and just, UGH. I can’t put it into words but it was just the most wonderful experience.
I AM HOME
PROPER POST INCOMING BUT FOR NOW
A WILD SUFJAN APPEARS
THE STAGE IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME SGVGFJJGXDGBJFXVJ
T-minus 30 mins slnhdhcjdkjchukddjjd
- 6 hours till sufjan skdgjggdfhgdh
- please join me in not thinking about how much i spent while shopping today
can we talk about how it’s now less than 12 hours till sufjan
soon i will not be able to words